ScanScan resolution, optical: Up to 1200 ppi
CopyCopy reduce / enlarge settings: 25 to 400%; Copy resolution (color text and graphics): 600 x 1200 dpi
Wireless printingPrint and share with notebooks or PCs on an existing wireless network, using the freedom of built-in wireless. Φ
Paper handlingPaper handling input, standard: Up to 100 sheets
Media sizesMedia sizes supported: Letter, legal, 4 x 6 in, 5 x 7 in, 8 x 10 in, No. 10 envelopes
WarrantyOne-year limited hardware warranty; 24-hour, 7 days a week phone support
HP ENVY 4500 e-All-in-One Printer
Broken after minimal use
01.18.2016 by Mary5937
This printer seemed great at first in that it was a good size and a nice price point for what we needed. After about a couple months of use (and probably only printing about 5 times within that time span) an error code (ox83c0000a nos_loader_app) popped up on the printer, which restricted us from printing anymore until the error was resolved. The carriage was stuck all the way to the right, giving us no access to the ink cartridges that had barely been used. After going through the troubleshooting steps provided by HP (which consisted of unplugging, holding down power button to restart, etc.) they came to the conclusion that it could not be fixed. I now have to throw this printer that we've barely used away. I've seen a lot of other reviews regarding this error code (it seems to be a pretty common problem that people are having with this particular printer) that ended with the same result- no solution for fixing. No more HP for us. Just a warning!
HP ENVY 4500 e-All-in-One Printer
01.03.2016 by Ron59
Bought this printer during the 1st quarter of 2015. Other than the scan to computer dropping off on occasion (which can be remedied with a recent HP update and reboot of the printer) it has been an excellent printer for me. Has proven itself reliable and effective. The Instant Ink program is a great automated help when supplies begin to diminish. The web features are most beneficial. Ironically this printer is now discontinued.
Speed of printing has decresed to a very low one.
12.27.2015 by Anu2015
Since buying this product I have nothing but trouble. It would suddenly stop connecting to my laptop and I would be forced to reinstalling the HP software. Or it would not print the full page ( it happened a lot). Now the speed of printing pages has become so low that I don't know what to do with it.
- Multi-function (All-in-One)
- Tackle any task
- Print wirelessly from virtually anywhere.1
- Conserve resources without slowing down
- Individual inks
- Individual inks and optional high capacity cartridges can help you save on printing costs.
- Built-in wireless printing
- Print and share with notebooks or PCs on an existing wireless network, using the freedom of built-in wireless. Φ
- Built-in wired networking
- Connect printing devices to PCs securely with built-in Ethernet ports.
- Easy wireless setup
- Quick and easy wireless setup with Auto Wireless Connect #
- Wireless direct printing
- It’s easy to print without a network with HP ePrint and wireless direct printing.
- Automatic document feeder
- Print, scan and copy multiple pages efficiently with an automatic document feeder.
- Automatic two-sided printing
- Save paper and time using automatic two-sided printing.
- Automatic photo tray
- Save steps when printing photos - tray pulls photo paper automatically.
- Memory card slots
- Print impressive photos without using a PC.
- Color touchscreen
- Print sharp photos, get direct access to the Web and make copies, scans and more using the color touchscreen. ⊕
- Borderless photo printing
- Create borderless photos for framing or sharing.
- PVC-free printer
- Reduces environmental impact. ∇
2 individual inksStandard inks
|HP 61||Page yields∅|
Save on ink!
Up to 3X more pages with XL cartridges vs. standard inks*Buy more. Save more. HP Multipacks *Compared with the standard, single HP ink cartridges. See: www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies.
Compare page yields
|HP 61||Standard page yields∅||XL page yields∅|
|Black||~190 pages||~480 pages|
|Tri-Color||~165 pages||~330 pages|
Note: Some stores and countries do not offer HP XL ink cartridges.
HP Planet Partners recycling
HP Planet PartnersFree, easy cartridge recycling.*
*Program availability varies. Original HP cartridge return and recycling is currently available in more than 50 countries and territories around the world through the HP Planet Partners program. For more information, or to request return envelopes and bulk collection boxes, visit www.hp.com/recycle.
In the box
- HP ENVY 4500 e-All-in-One
- Software CD
- Setup Poster
- Power cord
- HP 61 Black
- HP 61 Tri-Color
- HP Advanced Photo Paper Q8692A
- HP Printing Paper CHP210